Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Real Housewives of OC Spoilers? Not So Much

23housewives2_md

from the oc register:

So last week ended with the kickoff of original housewife Jeana Keough's big date. Tonight, we get to see who this gentleman is. During the date, the two are out to dinner, and Jeana is holding his hand. She says, "Maybe before you date me … again, you better think about, I'm kind of a demanding person." Uh oh, run for the hills, man!

Flash over to Lynne Curtin's household in Capistrano Beach. The newest housewife is having a discussion with her eldest daughter, Raquel, who's famous for her underage "drunk bowling" incident.

Lynne is making coffee and asks her daughter if she wants anything. Raquel, 18, responds, "A half an English muffin with a tiny bit of peanut butter on it."

Lynne inquires about Raquel's job situation, or lack thereof.

"You know I've been looking," Raquel whines. "I fill out like two applications a day online."

"Online?" Lynne says. "How about in person?"

Raquel complains that the only thing her mother talks to her about is finding a job. Yet, she later confesses, "I graduated in (sic) high school a year and a half ago, and ever since, I really haven't been doing anything." Way to apply yourself, Raquel.

Lynne insists that her daughter needs to have a focal point, something she wants to do.

"OK, mom," Raquel says. "OK, OK, OK, OK, OK!"

Lynne: "Everybody's gone doing something. You need to be doing something too. Don't you think you'll feel better about yourself?"

Raquel says she thinks her mom needs to "back off a little." "I do have a desire for independence," she pontificates in a one-on-one interview. "Just, not so much of a desire right now." Then she laughs, like a true slacker would.

"I don't want to work for like, $8.75 or whatever," Raquel states.

"Some of these places pay commission," Lynne counters.

The laid-back mom decides she needs to be more assertive with her slacker daughter. "Raquel's never going to learn to make it on her own if we don't put our foot down," she says in an interview.

But apparently, Raquel has had enough of this job talk. She walks away from the kitchen discussion and says, "Peace out. Peace out."

Lynne sighs and says, "Mmm. Gosh." Poor Lynne.

Meanwhile, an airborne camera flies over the beautiful, misty Orange County coast. We see The Cliff Restaurant in Laguna Beach, where original housewife Vicki Gunvalson has organized an end-of-the-summer party.

Guests include original housewife Lauri Waring Peterson; her husband George Peterson; original "housewife" Jo De La Rosa sporting a new hair style; Jo's ex-fiancé Slade Smiley; Tammy Knickerbocker, a housewife from seasons two and three; her daughters Megan and Lindsey; and "housewife" Gretchen Rossi's parents, Scott and Brenda. Jeana's new date may be in attendance as well.

By all appearances, it looks like a very nice party, with a view of the breathtaking Pacific coast and drinks being poured from ice sculptures.

Gretchen is at the party, once again without her ill fiancé Jeff Beitzel. "I'm super bummed Jeff couldn't be with me at the party," Gretchen says. "Jeff's health really is kind of on the fence right now, and the doctor just wouldn't let him out of the hospital."

That doesn't prevent Gretchen from partying and socializing, however. She meets housewife Tamra Barney's mom, Sandra, for the first time. Tamra's son Ryan is there, and Jeana pipes in, "Ryan wants to know if you want a tequila shot." You may or may not recall that in a previous episode, Gretchen got wasted on tequila shots and almost hooked up with Ryan. Yikes.

When Gretchen screams in delight and surprise, we hear Vicki say, "Gretchen definitely is an attention stealer. She wants the eyes on her … and I think it's stupid." It seems like there's a touch of envy in the air.

Case in point: We later see Vicki greet Tammy Knickerbocker and her new boyfriend Michael. Vicki pleads, "Michael, do I get a hug this time?" Michael responds, "You're so needy, Vicki, I swear." But he obliges, and the two share a very intimate hug.

Vicki says, "I need to be loved and told I'm wanted and adored and all that (expletive)."

Michael responds, "Well, you are all those things, I just happen to be a little more reserved, I think."

Jeana's son Colton is at the party. Rather than jeans and a T-shirt, his usual attire, he's sporting a white suit coat and a black striped shirt underneath.

"Last year we had G. Diddy, now we got Piff Daddy!" Tamra exclaims. I think she meant P. Diddy and Puff Daddy.

Jeana says, "He had on a 'Saturday Night Fever' white pinstripe suit, so he got a lot of (expletive) for his suit, but I thought he looked good."

What else transpires at the party? Vicki admonishes Jeana, telling her to be careful with her revealing dress and cleavage. "You might have a nipple coming out," she advises.

Oh, and Vicki shows off the new Rolex watch she has purchased for herself. Tammy says, "Oh my God, you're such a Rolex, Newport Beach, Orange County person!"

In a one-on-one, Vicki says, "I never had a Rolex in my entire life. Well, I felt kind of odd showing people a gift I bought myself. I'd rather be classier, and just kind of fly in under the radar if somebody notices it." Vicki fly in under the radar? I don't think so.

Vicki continues, "I didn't want to make Donn feel bad because he didn't buy it for me." But Jeana reflects in an interview, "Vicki, why can't you say, 'Donn and I got the Rolex?' Why are you throwing Donn under the bus again?"

Meanwhile, Tamra's husband Simon and son Ryan are having a discussion. Simon asks if Ryan has any interest left in pursuing a career with the California Highway Patrol. Ryan responds, "I'm way over that." He explains that he recently got a ticket for no front license plate. "I don't want to be that guy that hides out and gives everybody traffic tickets." Way to stand up for principles, Ryan.

What else happens on tonight's episode? Vicki's daughter Briana reveals her new life plans to mom. Apparently, she wants to join the Army. Vicki's response? "Holy crap."

No comments:

Apple iTunes
Bliss World, LLC