Sunday, May 3, 2009

Lisa Wu Hartwell:”Closet Freak”

lisa-hartwell

Lisa Wu Hartwell, the pint-sized hustler from The Real Housewives of Atlanta just dropped a clothing line called Closet Freak, inspired by the nickname given to her by her fellow ‘Housewives’ co-stars for being undercover with her wild ways. Looks like she’s maximizing the hell out of her 15 minutes.

 

ESSENCE.COM: Last night was the unveiling of your new collection, Closet Freaks. So exactly how risqué are these garments?


HARTWELL: (Laughs.) It’s not what you might think. It’s more than just a clothing line, it’s a movement. I don’t claim to be a fashion designer, but I am about women’s empowerment. When women wear Closet Freaks apparel they know that they are empowered and confident. You don’t have to dress provocative to be sexy. You can still be a lady and leave some things for the imagination and the bedroom.

ESSENCE.COM: We hear that. So what inspired the name?


HARTWELL: (Laughs.) Last season on the show there was an episode where someone was teaching us how to pole dance, and we were sitting around and the instructor said we had to come up with a “stripper” name. I couldn’t think of one for the life of me, but when they put on the music and I started dancing (remember, I used to be a hip-hop dancer for Public Enemy and E.P.M.D. back in the day) they all started calling me a Closet Freak and I’m like, Hmmm, I can brand that name and turn it into something positive, so I did. I plan to include thongs and other items as well.

Here’s hoping she has better luck with the clothing line than Sheree Whitfield

from bossip

No comments:

Apple iTunes
Bliss World, LLC