Sunday, October 7, 2012

Kathy Wakile's New Nose: Yay or Nay?

Following in the footsteps of many cast members in  the Real Housewives franchise, decided that her nose was incompatible with her famewhore "career" on the Real Housewives of New Jersey, and needed an update.

I have seen in person, last year when she came to Chicago to participate in Real Housewives on Tour, with , and .

I thought Kathy was beautiful. She looked like a statue of a Greek goddess. You can't tell by seeing her on television or in the "before" photo above, but she has beautiful cheekbones, and her nose matched her face.  She went from classical to WASP .

Here's what she told Hollywood Life:

Kathy Wakile is proud of her new nose! The witty reality star talked to HollywoodLife.com about her nose job and plumped up lips and she said it’s simple: “I just wanted to look more youthful, like I did in high school.” “My family thinks it’s great, my husband, he is just the most wonderful and loves me no matter what,” she told HollywoodLife.com. “I’m very lucky for that and he didn’t push me one way or the other. Rosie said ‘Wow, now you look like you used to.’” Kathy says she had been thinking about getting a nose job for years after she broke it twice playing sports. “My nose started to get bigger as my face got thinner,” she told us. “I went on four consultations, and my husband actually tried to talk me out of it because he didn’t think I could handle the pain and he was happy with what I looked like. But the bump seemed to become more and more obvious.  You see yourself more and more on TV and I decided that this is as good a time as any  – why not, let’s do it!” But Kathy wants to be very clear that she doesn’t think plastic surgery is the “go-to” option for young girls. “I feel that plastic surgery should be used to enhance what you already have, and not to try and look like someone else,” she says. “I was very happy with who I am and what I looked like. I just wanted the look I used to have. I didn’t want to change what I looked like, I wanted to look like me.” As for her fuller lips, that was actually a last minute decision she made right before she taped the RHONJ reunion special! “I had my lips done 10 days prior to the reunion,” she says. “While I was there getting a facial I asked what was the process of having them plumped up and I said ‘okay, why not.’ It was only 10 days fresh which is why it looked more so on the show, and my makeup artist plumped them out with lipgloss too.”

Come on, Kathy. You wanted to look more like your ancestors came over on the Mayflower, less like their boat docked at Ellis Island.

Just sayin'.

Speaking of the Wakiles, Richard Wakile lost and has to pay a settlement of $2000.00 to a landscaper he hired last year.  Nose job first, pay bills last.  That could be a Real Housewives motto.

UPDATE: Here's what she didn't tell Hollywood Life:

667944390kathy

So, it appears Kathy got her new nose and lips gratis, for promoting Coolsculpting.

Gather ye rosebuds

billboard photo from @MissAmiaSays

The Real Housewives of New Jersey Bloodbath Reunion continues Sunday, October 7, on .

No comments:

Apple iTunes
Bliss World, LLC